A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

September 24, 2009

The idle pursuit of uncomprehended happiness.

Human’s understanding of the vital concept of our happiness and where to find it  has always been a source of heated conversations and a subject of intense disputes.

Unfortunately our rich imagination is also a source of a profound sadness, which leads us to conclusion that happiness is somewhere far away and we do not know where, but we all want to get thither. Each of us is convinced that when fortune smiles at us, then we will live happily ever after.

Is our fortune roaming around the world and we are just marking time; or are we flying by it at a giddy pace without even noticing it?

This question remains unsettled, as the dilemma of what came first: the chicken or the egg. But one fact is still undeniable - the fact that we are forever chasing something that we can’t even describe. That is unshakable evidence that a human remains disordered in the perception of happiness.

I relate this assertion to myself. How many countries did I live in; how many languages did I study; to how many cultures did I adapt? All this is just a mere confirmation of my gut feeling, affirmation of something that I perceived long time ago: the simple fact that the writing of these lines brings me an indescribable joy and conciliation, and a tranquility of my worthy being.

No comments:

Post a Comment