A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

December 30, 2009

Frosty Sweden.

Sweden met me with the cold fresh flurries of air and white snowflakes which were ignoring my shaking body slowly fell by the scruff of my neck. I was surprised how quickly I got used to the warm climate and bewildered by my inattentiveness in my dress.
I was happy that I got my luggage without any hassles and was rolling my pushcart with all my might toward the parking place where my car was parked.

Foolishly unprepared to my next procedure I had no choice as to sweep the snow from the car with my bare hands. I don’t remember how long it took, but the only memory that I have, is my wishing to get over as soon as possible.
Finally I jumped into my car and darted away with strong anxiety about the price of the parking and with fear to be charged more for the each delaying moment.

After couple of minutes, when I was already on the motor way, I discovered that my driver door was not locket and I could do nothing about that, because the lube oil was frozen. To stop was not an option, with regard to a driving police car behind me and the sign of stop-forbid on a motor way. I had no better alternative as to hold the door with my left hand and to maneuver my car with the right one. After 10 minutes my hand grew dumb and was forced to stop. Luckily till that time the lube oil warmed up and the door closed automatically. I was really happy when I arrived home, partially because I was terrible tired and partially because I had the summer tires on my car and I could get in trouble if police would notice that.

The house was snowed in.


My house wrapped me with the solemn silence and warm air. I haven’t been at home for a while, thus I was roaming from side to side of the house just to revive my fading feeling of belonging to this place.

By and by, the jet-leg took over and I fell asleep in my cozy and chilly bedroom. The last what I remember is the cool breeze of the fresh crispy winter air which filled in my lungs and swept my mind away into deep sleep which lasted for 14 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment