A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

January 29, 2010

Klondike of clothing

I love “Sawgrass mills” center; it’s really Klondike when it comes to shopping. Not once, but numerous time, I regretted all those cloths that I bought in Sweden (actually, not the cloths but the paid prices) and I am still lamenting about that. As far you don’t know that you can buy all that for the 1/3 of the price (in some cases less than that) in “Sawgrass mills”, you can sleep tight, but your tranquility vaporizes as soon you step in this shopping center, and you feel cheated by all those avaricious stores in Sweden.

The pair of “Rock Republic” jeans, in Sweden, costs $280 and here in “Sawgrass mills” you find it for $115. Isn’t this totally unfair towards us who are living in Scandinavian and can’t afford these fabulous jeans?

Whatever you say, but Scandinavian has long way to go, when it comes to the free market of the nitty-gritty services, which make our life so pleasant, entertainment and night life. For instance, a normal service of cleaning houses, which is widespread and cheap here in the US, is considered to be a bourgeois and mercantile manner in Sweden and on top of that, it is so expensive, that even if you have a nice job, you can’t afford it. The official, “white” price (per/hour) of cleaning help in Sweden is higher than I can earn at my job (per/hour) and I have a Masters!! What should I say more?

Nevertheless, found a nice day-to-day “GUCCI handbag” for the price, that you wouldn’t believe it; and when I came to cashier’s desk, I got additional 20% off the price. I also took the chance and bought a belt of Michael Kors.

The Gucci handbag and belt of Michael Kors


By the way, finally, today, we got back our TV, so 10 days without functioning TV didn’t damage us much. From the beginning it felt odd, but then I was just grateful, I had so many things to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment