A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

March 9, 2010

April W.Davis

from the Art festival in Ft. Lauderdale

The artist has many awards for her representation of nature. April tries to create a window into nature and bring an attention by her colorful work.
Something is eye-catching in her work. I perceive the artist's work as an image of a mixture photo and cartoon drawings.

And yet, these tropical paintings do look unnatural and abnormal in my observation  of nature. It would call it for surrealism. Maybe it was the point, to create “not natural” paintings of nature. Beatty is in the eye of the holder.




No comments:

Post a Comment