A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

October 15, 2010

My Bikram Yoga

Yesterday I lost 960 calories during my Bikram Yoga pass.


According to the information on the internet any type of Yoga is a source of healing of the human body and mind, but in my experience, it is not always. I got less impressive experience when I firth tried Yoga back in 2004 in Malmo on the Grynbodgatan 17. It was boring, uninspiring, depressing, the teacher was not dedicated to his students and he didn’t correct the wrong Yoga postures. I didn’t get any benefits from it, apart from a little stretching. Moreover I witnessed an awkward gathering of young girls in the teacher room, they were giggling and sneering at the students all the time. People can get a wrong impression. I was there almost one year and I can’t even remember the name of the type of Yoga, because the teacher didn’t highlight nor emphasized the movement. In other words, I didn’t like it, even more; such bad start evaporated all my zeal to learn more about it.

Now, living here and be surrounded by the best Yoga studious, I am actively involved in Yoga activities. My friend introduced me to a Bikram method of Yoga and I was swept away. This is the best new experience that so far happened with me here in the US. I love it! I feel so good! My studio is located on 1119 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale and I am a frequent visitor there.

Bikram Yoga has been the subject of much debate as to whether or not performing strenuous exercise in a room over 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38C) is safe. The positive news: Heavy sweating helps detoxify the body, the circulatory system is cleared, the output of cells which fight infection is increased, the heart rate is elevated AND you lose 960 calories during one pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment