A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

October 22, 2011

“Grey Goose” would not fly in tornado.

This week was not so brilliant. I was constantly sick. No so much, but a little bit here and a little bit there. I had not exercised for the whole week and I am not sure if I am able to do it during this weekend; a combination of a laziness and listless. The weather got cold and I even wore a pair of boots.


We had a tornado warning and the next day, driving in morning, I saw a tree ripped out by the power of nature. That it was extremely dark, rainy and windy, my car was wobbling with the wing. Nevertheless, I was able to go to work and I forgot the incident until today. My peer, who had been absent for a couple of days (I thought he was sick), came back to work and described the devastation which the tornado coursed in his house. He lives in an area, just 15 miles from my home. Listening his story, I could not imagine the tragedy which happened in his neighborhood, but did not affect mine. It sounded weird that the tornado was so peculiar local.

Today I am going to my neighbor’s birthday and look at my present!

No comments:

Post a Comment