A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

May 29, 2013

"Paradisus" Playa del Carmen La Perla


On Monday morning we drove to Cancun to our next destination –hotel “Paradisus,” which is located in Playa del Carmen la Perla, a small local city. The hotel is all-inclusive and rated as a 5-star luxury resort. Normally, I do not like the all-inclusive concept; I have had bad experiences from Spain and Greece. The food and services are usually very poor. Why bother with good service when they have already received money from the guests?! A rhetorical question.

However, I was very surprised by the high quality of this beautiful hotel, the standard of rooms, design, services, view, swimming pool areas, beaches, gym, sport activities, SPA (if you should go there, please try Leticia; she has very strong hands), and outstanding food concept: an all-around-the-world cuisine experience. There are more than eleven restaurants that serve an a-la-carte menu. The food, believe or not, is better than any given restaurant on Las Olas, and I am spoiled with food choices. it is difficult to understand how they can manage to keep such high quality food for so many guests. Each and every restaurant has a different theme and offers a different cuisine. Furthermore,  the chef of the restaurant Passion is an innovator of Basque cuisine and is known for his delectable cuisine, which is extremely imaginative and crafted with masterful technique. it was a once-in-a-lifetime culinary voyage by 7 Star Michelin Chef Marin Berasategui.

I spent my days in the gym, reading a book inside the resort ( it was too hot for me on the beach), and drinking green tea while people were enjoying free drinks in the pool area. I felt relaxed.






No comments:

Post a Comment