A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

September 16, 2009

The Exit.

Today wasn’t the best dag in my life. I was supposed to start one of my business courses at College here, but the course was canceled. I woke up early, drove all the way to Weston ( it is approximately 30 miles) and faced the nice lady who politely informed me that there are no classes today.

Well, I hung may be 20 minutes on phone trying to figure out the reason and why I wasn’t informed. At last I was enrolled to the similar one which starts a little bit later.

On my way back, when the traffic was on its top, I couldn’t change the lane in time before my exit (for that was needed to cross from line 2 to line 6) and I was force to do a very precarious traffic maneuver. I prevailed upon the situation, but I would never repeat it again. Thanks for the driver who let me pass.

And to be faithful to my promise when it comes to keep being objective in my opinions (to judged people it is the easiest what ones can do) ; I have to admit, though the traffic is more heavy and many American people wouldn’t pass Swedish driving test, the attitude and traffic manner among drivers here have more courtesy.

I dwelled on this topic with my French girl- friend during the Pilatus session. She is prudent and amiable person and has leaved in many countries, Sweden is included. When she had complied with my assertion, she looked at me for a moment and then added:”In Sweden if you are in the wrong lane it is your problem and nobody else” and then “and even in general understanding”.
It struck me, God gracious, such a profound remark!

At the end, we are all on the same road called “Life” and it is Ok to have different “driving” stiles, as soon as you are not hurting anyone. It is essential to remember that we are all just mere Homosapiens and it is humane to make mistakes; it just heartless to react on arrogant way. You never know, may be one day you are going to do your “Exit” and you would expect that the drive, beside you, help you pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment