A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

December 10, 2009

Naples, Florida.

Naples is a little picturesque vacation town with gorgeous beaches.
The first impression is that everything is almost surreal, the excessive pedantic clean streets and beautiful environment.

The main street (5th Avenue) goes directly to the beach, which is famous for the extremely white sand and immense variety of big shells.
In some books you can even find stories about entrepreneurial swindlers, who are during the First World War sold that sand as a sugar.




What hit me the most is that the shore and seaside of Naples reminds me so much of the beach in Ljunghusen (a little village in Sweden), thought the air temperature is nicer in Naples.

The streets of Naples are decorated with all kind different stature. I wouldn’t miss my chance to take a ride on the animal which I fear the most.


By rambling through the city we found a nice (at least by the first appearance) restaurant and sinking in oblivion of peaceful environment we ordered lunch. Meanwhile waiting for food we conversed about our pleasant experience of the city…until we got our food. In the moment we realized that we were in the tourist’s trap where you get bland food with really high prices. Apart from that, the city left a pleasant memory and nice impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment