A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

January 2, 2010

Hello Alps!


Our journey to France went as usual, apart from the fact that, this time, we had shortage of drive able adults in the car during, thus I was forced to drive too. No doubts that my American driving experience has boosted my chauffeur skill, but unfortunately it doesn’t help much on Germany’s motorways which have no speed limitations. I got really nervous and anxious during my “race” at 160 km/hour.

Well, I guess I shall just repeat my favorite proverb: “The hardship that didn’t kill you makes you stronger”.

After 17 hours, we reached our place and Alps met us with a lot of snow and sun.
I love to be here, the village by itself is located on 2100 km altitude upon the sea level and you need couple of day to adjust your organism. The atmosphere is ionic and the atmospheric pressure is low, which makes it difficult to breath.

All physical exercises here require an additional offer, albeit I have a tolerable condition, I find myself troubling to inhale during my traditional climbing through the pedestrian passage up to 2700 altitude.

Snow, snow and snow!! It reminds me a white fairytale, especially during snow storms when you can’t see two meters in from of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment