A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

March 3, 2010

The joyful moments

This night I had a splendid dinner with my friends. For a change, which I appreciated very much, we had the dinner at my friend house. I don’t like so much dinning out in a loud and sonorous environment of American’s restaurants. In many places, the music is so thundering that you need to cry out to be heard. In general it is difficult to talk to others in such tiresome surrounding and to lead a conversation it is almost impossible. So I was really pleased to know that we were invited to our lovely friend Amina.

I have never been at her place before and I was a little bit curious. I have found myself in very warm, stylish and elegant living room. I liked the present of old furniture with a sensible combination of modern style. Many fragments and pieces of the inter decor were brought from different countries. Despite of presence of the old massive dinner table, ponderous chiffonier and bulky bureaus, I felt the lightness in the rum and I noticed the peculiar attachment to small detailers. The dinner was well served and the food was homemade, which is not common in the USA.

After the wonderful conversation and enjoyable dinner, we got acquainted with Amina’s neighbors and his two slaphappy, hilarious dogs. The dogs were playing and jumping around all the time, inviting us, human, to share their happiness.











Unfortunately, I don’t have pets, but I always enjoy playing with them, it gives me pleasure and moments of a joyful relaxation. What I appreciate the most in any animals’ is their authenticity and genuineness. Pets do not pretend to be something that they are not. They show the real feeling of happiness, playfulness, jocosity, friskiness or sadness with an intensive sincerity.


Pets are not able to fool you with their natural emotions, fancy and spontaneous approbation of people around them. You can never force a cat to jump on your knees if it doesn’t want to do it. Pets’ joyfulness and especially when it comes to dogs is really catching and infectious. I always get excited when they jump on my knees and lick my face, by that inviting me to play with them. Just like that! I wish people would be so genuine in their behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment