A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

March 26, 2010

The magic of a makeup.

It is amazing how people’s appearance can be changed just of mere makeup and a little tiny piece of cloth.

This morning I was roaming at the seaside and looking at all these people. Usually during this time of year, come a lot of students from all over the country, on their traditional spring break.

Throughout these weeks the beach transforms from a nice quite paradise to an unbridled disco-party-spot teemed by self-confident, smiling, drunk youngsters. Well, I don’t have to judge so harsh, I have also thought, once in my live, that I own the world.













Now days, I am just striding around and don’t care much about my appearance and absolutely indifferent to the fact that I am not a center of all attention. Some minutes of pondering about all these people around me, give me time to clean my thoughts.

For the evening dinner we are invited to our neighbors and etiquette requires altering of your look (I don’t know how much it helps).

A little bit of makeup, a little bit of magic with hair and with help of one of the basic and the most essential in women’s clothing - the little black dress, I am ready to the party!

1 comment: