A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

March 12, 2010

“Negotiating for Dummies”

Today I finished reading the book “Negotiating for Dummies”. I was expecting a little bit more from this book, but it is totally acceptable when it is your first acquaintance with the negotiation technique. I like, from time to time, to read this kind of books, because it gives me new ideas and explanations about the cause of past events. I like to ponder over the moments of my life when I was involved in negotiations. It can be a person issue or just a business deal, but I still remember them, but only the ones I won or lost. These moments always revive in my mind when I read such books, because I try to understand why I did win or did lose the case. The obscure and uncomfortable feeling of a lost deal is given a reasonable and logical explanation.


The six tips for your preparation before a negotiation from the book:

 Plan your questions in advance.

 Ask with a purpose.

 Tailor your question to your listener.

 Follow general questions with more specific ones.

 Keep questions short and clear – cover only one subject.

 Make transitions between their answer and your questions.

 Don’t interrupt; let the other person answer the question!

No comments:

Post a Comment