A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

May 5, 2010

Fighting the cold

“Castello di Fonterutoli” Chianti Classico, 1998
This evening I feel alone and cold. The weather is grey and gloomy, the cold Nordic wind pierces my body, and the skies are heavy and dark. I want to creep into the bed or roll myself in a rug in front of TV.

I went to the wine seller, there was freezing as well, I grabbed the first bottle. It happened to be a bottle of “Castello di Fonterutoli” Chianti Classico from 1998. The wine was marvellous. Just for one second I thought that the bottle might be an expensive one and my husband would not appreciate that. But if you really want and if there is nothing to celebrate, you can always celebrate that it is nothing to celebrate.

I picked up my favourite “Emma” by Jane Austen (which I have seen so many times) and threw myself on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment