A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

April 29, 2010

Esbjerg in Denmark

11.05 night time, I have just arrived home from my job. I started this morning at 5:00 am. So you can imagine the level of my tiredness. Our group was on a business visit to Denmark, we were visiting “Arla”, the largest producer of dairy products in Scandinavia.

I can’t talk about our business but I can show the beauty of Danish city Esbjerg.
Esbjerg was founded in1864 after Denmark’s defeat in Danish-Germany war. As a result of that loss the most important Danish harbour “Altona” was taking under German’s governing and Danish people built a new harbour- Esbjerg.

The city had and still has an important roll for agricultural export of Denmark and many slaughterhouses, dairies and butter production factories are located in adjacent area.

Esbjerg has been voted "City of the Year" twice. In 1997 where the city was awarded the title because of the corporate work between public and private companies. The second award in 2006 was given due to the work and support of young talents.

Torvet Square in Esbjerg





My colleagues’ and I had a lunch in a local restaurant. The food was delicious and I was enjoying the old architecture of surrounded buildings and the unique environment.

Ready for inspection!

No comments:

Post a Comment