A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

July 24, 2010

My imagination

Today’s home-work is an essay about strengths and weaknesses. I have decided to describe my weaknesses. I have many weaknesses, such as meeting the high expectations of my colleagues and members of my family. Sometimes I’m too slow executing tasks, too pedantic in my performance and too emotional. But I the biggest weakness that I posses is my tremendous, immense, and endless imagination.

I think I was born with it, and then it developed more when I was attending my theater classes. Many people would say that it is a gift or talent, and I partly agree with it, but people don’t know how much trouble I have due to my imagination. For example, I have noticed when my friends and I talk about things or other people, I perceive everything in a different light and interpret people’s actions differently. In addition, I always use my imagination to pre-tell what is going to happen next. As a consequence, I often misunderstand, and misjudge people’s intentions because in many cases people mean what they say, especially Swedes, and I unintentionally mislead myself. It is like I prevail upon building a puzzle from the unmatched pieces, belonging to different puzzles, which is impossible. The result is one big ugly picture, which is not connected to reality picture. I have also noticed that in some cases it damages my relationships with people.

However, I gain a lot of positive things from it. My imagination makes it easier for me to write, gives me a lot of enjoyable moments, transports me in a rosy world of fairytales, and boots my creativity. That is way I still believe in good people, old romance, real friendship, and in the goodness of our world. I believe that something remarkably good might happen to me one day, and I can achieve everything that I am imagining.

My dream is to write a book and live through it forever. I realize that sounds cliché, and maybe I will never be able to do it, but I imagine that I will do it one day. In my world of fantasy and imagination there are no limitations for what I can do, and my mind has no boundaries. I just need to learn to direct my imagination to the right direction. I need to learn how to use it and prevent all the misunderstanding that it brings. Having said that, I am imagining ruling over my imagination. Is it possible to get rid of this weakness?

No comments:

Post a Comment