A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

August 15, 2010

The “Burning bushes”

On my way to the airport I took a yellow cab and sank in my thought about the coming trip to Sweden. I was interrupted from the pondering by the talkative taxi driver who was rendering himself agreeable. In the beginning, I didn’t pay so much attention to his story about the God creations and interpretation of the Bible. But I was caught by the exclamation, “Burning bushes.” He asked me if I knew the meaning of the Biblical expression “Burning bushes”. I replied that I didn’t, which I regret latter. The enthusiastic taxi driver was an ardent admire of the Bible and apparently of marihuana which doesn’t make any sense. In his understanding, the “Burning bushes” from the Bible was nothing else than marihuana bushes. His mind was difficult to prevail upon and he gave me a lesson about marihuana, hemp and their phenomenal curing abilities. When he started explaining to me that the government didn’t allow the free marihuana growing, due to the possibilities of losing tax income from the alcohol and medical industries, I startled and started anxiously to follow the airport signs. I agreed to everything what he said just to not provoke him and to be on the safe side. My joy was endless when I saw the familiar signs of our local airport that I gave a big tip, which I usually don’t do, and rushed myself into the building. Now I can chuckle about this ride, which rendered a subject to my notice, but at that time, it was not fun at all. To Sweden then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment