A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

August 22, 2010

The sleepless night

I never thought that I could physically endure to work a whole day after the sleepless night; and tonight was of those awful nights. I would blame on the jetlag if I could. This is the third night after the arrival from the USA and jetlag shouldn’t be a problem. I have no idea why I couldn’t sleep. I went to the bad early, around 10pm and woke up 0.15am to go to the bathroom. After that I couldn’t to get a wink of sleep, my thought floated and floated in my head. The more I was forcing myself to sleep the stronger my brain rejected that. My conscience was whispering that I will be listless, insipid and dull the next day and I must press myself to sleep, but I couldn’t. I watched old movie, checked twice my emails, meditated and breathed deeply, but in vain. Nothing could make me sleep. Straggling with your own emotions and thoughts is doomed to fail. Just a mere thought about the tiresome next day, a result of my sleepless night, made me so agitated and anxious as it resulted again in restless hours. When the alarm clock rang at 6:30am, I was already in kitchen having my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment