A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

September 21, 2010

The sad evening.

The sad evening. This evening was unpredictable and surreal. I still feel weird and awful. I was supposed to meet my girlfriend at 9pm in the center and have a glass of wine. When I came, she was not there and I called her up to ask about the delay. When she replayed, I couldn’t recognize her voice; it was like somebody talking from tomb, she just whispered that her husband just had died.
I couldn’t move myself, I felt sick and vomiting. This is the third time for the past 1, 5 year she tells me about the death. The firth was her brother, then her mother and now is the husband.
I feel sad. I am preoccupied by thoughts that you can die in the instance and the World doesn’t even notice your death, it continues its space as nothing has happened.

This evening, all four of us prayed for Richard. We remember him as sharp, intelligence, kind, British, and the man of principles. He is in the Gods hands now. Lord be with him.

1 comment: