A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

October 7, 2010

The mundane activities

O my Lord, it is almost two weeks since I  updated my blog! I am sorry for this; I hope You, my dear reader, understand that writing for me is a pleasure and enjoyment. I can’t just publish a post for the sake of publishing; it has to be more than that. Writing is my therapy of happiness, practicing in wit and sharing my soul. Sometimes my lines exclude  these mentioned traits, but they are still created with pleasure.
My job hunting goes on; I have had so many phone interviews that I don’t count them anymore. Every week I delete approximately 200 emails with my applications and not even ¾ of them are answered by classical ”No, thank you.” The unhappy truth is that all job’s openings in my field of expertise are located in the different states. Here in Florida, the only jobs that can be found are in the real state, retirement, banking and medical service. And I am a little bit old to change my profession; furthermore I love what I am doing.

No well, I have taken up my college courses; and three evenings every week I am spending in my studies. The remaining time goes to my job hunting, exercises and all those nitty-gritty things which surround us in life.

Today’s confession: I did something very…. different, for the lack of better word. I applied for a part-time as a Sales Associate in Bloomingdale’s. I have had an interview in person and I omitted some things about me in fear to be “overqualified.” I appreciate every job on this planet, especially when nobody in the whole world is helping me in this battle.

This beautiful picture I took from the “Aventure theatres” outside balcony last weekend in Miami when I was watching a ballet concert.

The Miami prospect at night is amassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment