A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

November 2, 2010

“Chefs De France” in Epcot Disney, in my opinion, is disgrace of French cuisine.

When it comes to dinning at Epcot, you have a choice of the fast chain restaurants in the attractions’ area and upgraded restaurants, which intended to represent the best cuisine of their countries, in the World ShowCase’s area. We chose the second one when we had gotten hungry; and as fervent admirers of French cuisine without any hesitations we directed ourselves to “Chefs De France” in the French pavilion.
I have been to France many times and I love the French kitchen, thus my expectations were great. I exchanged a couple of words with the busgirl and she confirmed that the chef of the restaurant is from France and endorsed the quality of the food. Therefore we gladly took our places close to the window, looked at the menu, which wasn’t so cheap, and ordered our food.
When we got our food, I was speechless by the unattractiveness of its presentation; and after my first bite, by its blandness. I don’t want to dwell on the description of our deplorable meals. The picture says it all; please notice how disgusting the gravy looks.

The beef from the “Chefs De France” restaurant in Epcot Disney, $34.95
When waiter were carrying away my unattached plate, he ignored the fact that customers were obviously unhappy and he had not condescend himself to ask what was wrong.
“Chefs De France” restaurant in the World ShowCase Epcot suppose to represent the French cuisine to the people who are visiting Disney, but in my opinion it disgraces the French cuisine and gives a wrong impression of French kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment