A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

November 1, 2010

Magic Kingdom Park

Although this is my second visit to Disney World, I am not disappointed; so much to see, so much to enjoy. This morning we started by visiting the Magic Kingdom, but unfortunately couldn’t see the most memorable event the incredible wirework, due to the Halloween Special Evening Party. It completely escaped our mind that this weekend was the Halloween weekend and all parks altered their normal open hours.


I feel a little bit mistreated that we couldn’t stay after 7:00pm (in normal case your tickets valid until the park’s midnight closing) and couldn’t enjoy the coming two Halloween’s parades, special wirework and the Halloween party. It turned out that you needed to buy an extra ticket for that as well, which is additional $79 per person. This change was rendered by extremely popularity of Halloween, as one of the workers has explained to me, thus Magic Kingdom successes in obtaining customers who are willing to pay extra $79 for five hours of extraordinary show. These additional events with Halloween theme are running during two fall months and apparently people gladly open their wallets for Halloween entertainment. If I knew it I would rather go to the evening Halloween show. And yet, the hours of delightful joy offered during day-time assuage all resentment.




The Character parade goes at 3pm every day on the Main Street.

The Cinderella Castle during twilight.

The princess’ coach. Does somebody need transportation?

No comments:

Post a Comment