A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

January 17, 2011

Hotel “Hilton” in the Copenhagen airport will charge you 7.2 USD for a cup of green tea.

I am starting to have a relationship with “Delta” airline. My yesterday flight was canceled, but prior that we were confounded in the gate area from morning to eight o’clock in the evening. I was most thirsty and concerned about the flight safety. The aircraft engine didn’t work due to a broken oil pump. A new spare part was delivered from Amsterdam and a technician guy flew from Germany. But everything was in vain. The exhausted technical team had been trying to start the engine so many times that at the end, even I, got worried about the safety. During the delayed hours I had got a voucher for 60 DKK (10,2 USD) which didn’t even cover a cup of latte and a yogurt.


By 9 o’clock in the evening all the passengers got overnight rooms at the Hilton hotel across the airport. The room was decent, and the view was really something. Unfortunately, I will particularly remember this place as a place where they charged me 7.2 USD for a cup (in a bag) of green tea. I thought I was some kind of joke, but apparently not.
The view from Hilton

The hotel management has to do something about it, because the nice impression of the hotel just died by this ridiculous overprice. In general, I think it is fair to offer for free a cup of tea to stranded passengers.

By the way, you need to pay for the internet connection and in Kastrup (the airport in Denmark) too. In the other words, when you are planning to fly through Copenhagen, please prepare a big valet. In case if your flight is canceled you to have two big ones.



I have checked in this morning, but the flight is already delayed two hours, I will see how it will end today.

No comments:

Post a Comment