A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

April 4, 2011

“Pura Vida” resort in Costa Rica

Our arrival to the resort, notice how thoughtful was packed our luggage.
“Pura Vida” Retreat and Spa is considered by some as the Wellness & Yoga destination of choice outside the United States. It offers you a perfect balance of mind, body and spirit in an oasis of beauty and tranquility. “Pura Vida” is wonderful for a group yoga retreat. The food is amazing and everything is organic; and the people are friendly. I highly recommend going there if you don’t mind living in less comfortable rooms. We paid for a Deluxe room (the website pictures are deceiving), which is difficult to call deluxe, I thought it was a joke. When I made peace in my mind with the poor condition of the room, it felt really wonderful. The nature, the view and the fresh air made up for all the accommodation inconvenience.

The resort area

The amazing sunrise.


The resort offers you a wide variety of different treatments which are not cheap, even for an American valet.
I did two controversial treatments: “BodyTalk” and “Om Chu”.

BodyTalk is a revolutionary healthcare system that utilizes state-of-the-art energy medicine to optimize the body’s internal communications. Overall health is informed by the quality of communication within the body. BodyTalk’s main emphasis is on opening communication with the Innate Wisdom that is addressing and engaging the inner intelligence that is always prepared to activate the healing forces of the body.

In two words, during the session, your body is going to be reprogrammed on detoxing and self healing. You have to trust this technique, and you have to embrace the feeling that grips your mind. According to Kattya, performer of the treatment, my body is going to be detoxing for five weeks. And after that I shall be taken to the next level. It might sound as “Mambo-Jambo”, but it is up to you; the power of believe is mighty. On top of it, I am restrained from all wine for the coming five weeks. I didn’t have it during the whole retreat; as good as I can skip it for five weeks more.

The treatment area

The second, an amazing experience, is an “Om Chu” massage. I can’t even call it a massage, because it is a combination of three different techniques: Korean Hand Therapy which is an ancient practice traditionally taught to blind people only, Tibetan healing technique and Japanese muscular therapy. Olman, very gifted and intuitive blind therapist, incorporated all these in his own unique style and called it “Om Chu.” If you ever go to “Pura Vida” or just to Costa Rica you MUST visit him. He is sensational; and if you are connected he tells things about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment