A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

April 4, 2011

Seven days of transformation

I spent a week in Costa Rica; I spent seven days in Yoga Retreat at Pura Vida resort; seven amazing days in my life. At the beginning I wasn’t sure if I able exercises twice in a day, each yoga session is one and half hour, and in between I participated in various hiking activities. It turned out easier than I thought. My body hurts, my muscles are sore, despite this I feel wonderful.


Yoga in class; our teacher, Lisa, she is just wonderful.



I’ve done things that this week which I normally don’t do. I spent a week without TV, I ate organic food only, I didn’t drink any alcohol, I meditated every morning, I had yoga twice in a day, I practiced forgiveness and non violence thoughts (easy, I am not a violent person), no judgment (more difficult, I can be prejudiced)and tried to find happiness inside myself.
Every morning at seven o’clock we practiced meditation.


I think it is challenging to maintain all these wonderful things being back at home, because the mundane responsibilities take them over. You have to be a yoga teacher; otherwise I don’t know how you can provide your living by restrain from everything, in instance, not spending hours in front of computer, which I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment