A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

June 8, 2011

Life is going on ...

If not for somebody else, at least for myself I have to update my diary. Life is going on and even though I think nothing particular has happened, some interesting events have occurred.

For the latest time I put myself into Pilates and its intensive training. My teacher, a renowned person in Pilates, put me back to square one. “Even though you are in pretty good shape, your body is misaligned and you need  lots of work to correct it,” her words sounded as a verdict.

With that she prohibited me to do my yoga, jogging and any other activities which can possible sabotage her meticulous work. Looking back after two weeks, I see a little bit of changes not so dramatically big though. I have also gained two kilos and feel fat.

The other thing that I have to mention, I have done my first confession in my local church. I am a Christian, but I seldom go to church, just when I feel for it. Yesterday it was that moment when I went to church and had had unbundles desire to confess. Father Spiro was kind to me…

What else? O, yes, last weekend we had some folks at our house and I had decided to spoil our guests with Russian food. There is a store close to Miami where you can find a lot of Russian specialties, Russian caviar included. I have not been there before and I was surprised by variety of Russian food. I went overboard with Russian caviar, meet, dry beef, salami, champagne etc,etc&etc and bought more that I had ought to. However, I was more astonished when half of our guests did not even touch the caviar. Nevertheless the dinner went well, and by midnight all happy and merry went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment