A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

September 7, 2011

Botox

Even though it is 8:53PM and it is too late for my writing, I can’t hold myself from throwing a couple of lines about today’s discussion in canteen. The subject was dedicated to Botox and its benefits. I am always stunned when I hear it, not about the subject as such, but about the acceptance with which the Botox is taken. People, whom I would not allude to, even in my wild imagination, are using Botox and talking about it openly. Lenience of usage of Botox in Florida is so widespread that I feel like I am missing something. My face therapist has already twice offered me Botox, but I am still refusing. Maybe it is time.  Who knows…  I do not feel old, I feel like I am getting younger, and I do not see the marks of ageing in my face. However, we are always blind when comes to our flaws. I am still perplexed by the fact that somebody, whose manner, appearance, taste and style do not comply with my perception of someone who uses Botox, has done it numerous times. Well, it is cheaper here than in Europe, maybe I have to reset my mind and start looking at it differently.

2 comments:

  1. Neeej varför skall du använda Botox??
    Du får i alla fall vänta minst 10 År.
    Man blir beroende av detta oxo . Tänk på det.
    Kram från arbetslös och Botoxfri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Botox is widely accepted because it's effective and becoming more affordable. It's trending, but it doesn't mean that you are left out if you have not tried it. One of the reasons why people undergo a botox procedure is because they become highly recommended. If other people see your flaws, then you gotta find them yourself. Did you make up your mind already? Hmm.

    ReplyDelete