A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

January 15, 2012

Flu

This week was one of the most frustrating weeks for the last 6 months. I got sick: sore throat, persistent cough, fever, constant sneezing, nasal congestion and all the other symptoms when you have flu. I had to go to work, due to I was scheduled for training program, which runs ones in a year, and I could not miss it. After the class I had to stay a couple of hours at my desk to fix the urgent issues.

When Friday came, I was so relieved to get chance to rest and stay in bed. I did not exercise, I did not move myself, and I did not even change my pajamas. I am a little bit better right now, at least no fever, but still it will take a week before I can take up my exercise again.
Everybody is sick around me, some kind of flu goes around and people are coughing as mad for weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment