A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

May 27, 2013

Our journey started very dramatically. May, 25


Our journey started very dramatically. My husband, control freak, had printed out the flight tickets and announced that we flying from Miami early the next morning. I never questioned what he said or did; thus, I did not even look at the tickets. The next morning, in a hurry, we drove all the way from Fort Lauderdale to the Miami airport, just to be informed that our flight was from Fort Lauderdale. No need to describe the scene of emotions and blaming. However, to say my nerves, I kept quiet during the race from Miami back to Fort Lauderdale. When we reached the Fort Lauderdale airport and rushed into the airport check-in area, the line was endless and not moving. Thanks to our old-fashioned habit of arriving three to four hours ahead of time, we made it through the check-in line on time. After all, we do have something in common: we both find it is necessary to arrive extremely early before any flight.

I have to admit that after the checking in at the airport, I passed the time by evaluating the age of the women passing by. I could not understand what was happing to me. I was trying to determine if the women passing by were in the same age as me. Normally I would never publish such lines in my blog, because the age subject is taboo and people do not openly talk about it. However, I am exercising the privilege of sharing my thoughts with my follow-readers, the readers who would not judge. Nobody is perfect. My husband recommended that I accept my aging. It is easier said than done. I quote the famous phrase, “Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment