A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

September 14, 2009

The Ice Bar in Stockholm.

During my Stockholm trip I visited the famous Ice Bar. The entrance price was high 175 SEK from one person which included one drink. Ok, I can cope with that. The environment is of prodigious beauty and it reminds you a ‘The Snow Queen” fairytale.

They told us that the bar management tries to change its theme every year by replacing different statues and polishing the design.

Everything was lovely; we got these fancy coats with tremendous mittens. Relaxing music was spreading around the bar and the spotlights were playing with the ice walls, reflecting by diving patent and surrounding magic atmosphere.

Regardless of all this, I ought to mention that I was disappointed when it comes to quality of drinks. They were tasteless. It was anything but good cocktail that you expect to be served at this place. I would prefer to call that as hooch or moonshine, whatever you like.

Obviously the management of the Ice Bar is so concentrated on design that missed the premier purpose of this place.Thank for the temperature (-4C), (though you have warm cloth, you can’t endure long time there), folks tend to pay no attention to the consistent of their drinks, but yet it diminishes your glamorous memory of your extraordinary experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment