A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

September 11, 2009

Las Vegas, day 2.


We stayed at the Bellagio. I was not aware until somebody told me, that this place is considered one of the finest hotels in Las Vegas. The definition of “hotel” doesn’t fit the real size of this tremendously large building. I would call it a gigantic complex which incorporates everything that you need and do not need. You can ramble around the whole day and enjoy a lot of things, if you can afford it. In my experience, I can assure you that nothing is cheap there, though you can always afford a Cafe Latte near the beautiful pool area and sink into oblivion by reading your favorite book.
he swimming area.

Having said that, I have to admit that I didn’t read much. I could not concentrate when I saw the unique opportunity of amusing myself by just looking at all the people who had flown here from different parts of the world trying to explore the mystical world of Las Vegas.



Design of the Bellagio’s interior



The entrance of the Bellagio is breathtaking, the ceiling of the entrance hall highlighted by intricate patterns of gigantic glass flowers. The sounds of slot machines are heard emerging in from the background.

We spent extra money obtaining a room overlooking Strip Street (the main street in Las Vegas). The main purpose was to experience the famous Bellagio fountain. The fountain show starts every half hour as scheduled. I have to say it was a very spectacular show. Although you do not need to stay at the Bellagio to see it, you can just join the crowd which surrounds the fountain area from the Strip Street sidewalk.


The view from my room at night and day time



Tips: Go to the Bellagio's (or whatever hotel you like) home page. There are lots of different offers which include flight tickets. The cheapest one is when you choose to stay from Monday to Thursday or Friday. Also you can reduce the cost by choosing connecting flight. Do not buy water at the hotel ($3 for a small bottle; it costs more than it worth), find your way to a local 7-Eleven and pay $0.50 instead.


Whether you consider yourself  a modest eater or not, please think twice before you order starters or salads. All portions are very mighty; therefore you can easily share with your partner. One of the traditions that I appreciate the most in the US is you don’t need to be uncomfortable when you do not follow the rules, ethics or norms. The customer is always right, and nobody is puzzled even when you ask for a “doggy bag” for one potato from your plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment