A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

November 10, 2009

The boat show.


My second attend to visit the Boat show was more successful. The next day G and I went to the show. It was crowded, though we came just before opening. A couple who passed by, asked us whether we were going to the show and when they received positive answer, they gave us two free tickets; their friend didn’t show up and they had two tickets extra.

It was a promising beginning. The show didn’t disappoint us. I liked the environment and mingling with the people. The bouts sizes varied from small to large and to gigantic.

I used my imagination to understand how it feels to be an owner of one like that. Unfortunately, I did not prevail over my sober perception of life (I can never have one like this) and my fantasy for once failed.

Every man was drooling over this Ferrari boat.


Boys and their toys!


On small once you could see a price and even on the bigger boats too but not on those which were enormous. I guess if you have money in abundance and you can afford one of those, so it doesn’t matter $1million more or less.
Those boats are like a luxury house for tons of people with such lavishness inside, that I doubt whether I have seen something like this in normal houses.
The impressive boats.

But still, according to our friend, the prices were 1/3 of Swedish level.

The boat that I liked (and I can assure you, I am not a boat person) was “just” $60 000. I guess it was one of the modest, among all those. The next level is around $6 Million dollars and higher. The assortment of boat was impressively immense.

The small boats.

In the whole everything that the show was offering was great, it was worthy visiting, but I would not come from Europe for that, at least if you are determined to by one, for “bargain” price.

No comments:

Post a Comment