A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

November 11, 2009

Shoes mania.



I have to admit that I got a lot of response on my “Manolo Blahnik or moral parable?” story. The story is divisive and provokes your thoughts.

It seems to me that it is quite common that people are facing these kinds of dilemma on making decisions whether to buy or not. When it comes to me, I am exactly as you, my dear reader; I am pondering on this issue and facing the same problem. I am a profound believer in taxes and theirs well intended end-purpose, I am definitive not a Saint, though.

So after a great deal of rethinking, elaboration on the other possible options and investigation whether it is possible to find a sale on this brand ( and may be a little discount on top of that), I have discovered that even the “Goddess” of shoe fashion has a “stigma” in terms of quite significant discounts. In other words, “Manolo Blahnik” had a sale on last year collection! And I didn’t miss it!

Well, I think it is a smart strategy from the famous brands and it is appreciated by people, especially when the shoe factories must have their return.

Remember, that even Jesus descended on earth to appear in front of people and made the people believe in him. Action of something like that, must be taking by exclusive shoe companies in our gloomy and financial uncertain days, to be able sell their products. “Manolo Blahnik” has nothing to be ashamed off.

Then I applied my “be patient and wait” strategy. And they are. Aren’t they lovely?

I just want to add that they are comfortable, easy to walk in, stable and suitable for all your occasions; they can even match with a pair of jeans or evening gown.

No comments:

Post a Comment