A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

November 16, 2009

The weekend.


This weekend I dedicated to golf. It was long time ago when I hold a golf-club in my hands. Although, that right now, I have more time than for the last past 8 years of my life, I couldn’t take off with the golf.
Partially, it was due to the hot weather (when outside is 38C, you can’t play so much) and partially due to other unexpected activities, which were rendered by moving to the US.

On the Saturday evening, I got creepy pain in my back and right arm. G just laughed at me and informed that if I would do all the swings correctly and I would feel sore in my left arm. “People are playing golf with a left arm”, - he told me. Ok, what should I say in that case? No comments, I swallowed his witty joke.
On the Saturday evening I got a creepy pain in my right arm and back. G just laughed at me and informed that if I would do all the swings correctly and I would have a pain in my left arm. “People are playing golf with a left arm”, - he told me. Ok, what should I say in that case? No comments, I swallowed his witty joke.

The next morning, early we drove to the “Plantation” golf course. The golf course was much better and the environment was more inspiring and stimulating. Saying that, I didn’t feel the same, all my body was aching and I couldn’t raise my hands. The first bucket of bolls went spoiled by all my misses and bad swings. But gradually I regained my “second breath” and overbearing the pain I improved my play to a certain level.

In general I like golf, but it takes so much time that in some cases it is overwhelming and distressing. I try to do so many other sports activities at the same time, that folks are wondering where I find all time for this, which is a riddle for me too. My sports activities today are: Pilatus, yoga, jogging, a little swimming, golf and that is it. I guess, I have never been brilliant at any of those but variety gives you the feeling that you are never bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment