A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

November 18, 2009

Stieg Larsson “Millennium”

Today is one of ordinary sunny days in Florida but the air is still chilly. When I started to read a new book yesterday (the third part of Stieg Larsson “Millennium”) and became addicted immediately.

God bless people who are so talented and can write in such way that you never can stop reading and just you feel like you are disappearing in the book's world. And finally I done with the last book of “Millennium”) and thanks God for that, because I couldn’t do anything else.

I have to admit, that at some point I am a little bit surprised over myself to be so captive by this Swedish writer and swallowing his books in instant. Apparently, I didn’t read enough of Swedish classical literature (sorry for that!).

The topic of Stieg Larsson’s stories is not of my interest but they are so gripping. My last two books of Larsson I swallowed within three weeks and I am a little bit glad to say that. For me, it is a good achievement, especially when the books are not in your native language. Who knows, there are might be some people who are swallowing more impressive books in instance, but I have to do it on my way.
I like to read and reread it, and bring myself in that environment; I like to be part of it, I like to tease my fantasy (which I have in abundance), to imagine scenes behind the lines, to indoctrinate myself into writers mind, to predict his next sentence and it happens often that I realize that I am hovering for too long somewhere else not related to the book. It is like writing a parallel version at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment