A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

April 25, 2010

I am finally in Sweden

I am finally in Sweden. I landed yesterday without any problem. Today I slept 13 hours and remain time of my day I dedicated to practical stuff, like cleaning the house and packing up my bag.

I have discovered that I forgot my American-Swedish adapter and I need it NOW. I can’t charge anything; all my electronic equipment has American three-pin plug whenever in Sweden we use two-pin electrical socket. I rushed out to buy an adapter before all store are close, I have got a bad habit to relay on long open hours, which is widespread in the USA, but not in Sweden.

After a long rant in “Kjell&Company”  (the only store in Sweden which cares that adapter) I bought one. My moment of glee came to end when I tried to use it, the thing is so poor manufactured that it constantly sticks out from the socket.


So I used my mother wit, which inherited by all Russians, and applied my 10 kilos heavy and bigger than a stationer computer ” Michelangelo complete works” book as a counterweight to the hard-set adapter. This book we got as a present for many years ago and we still don’t know why. None of us in our family was nor is a big fun of Michelangelo and apparently this colourful book with 796 flamboyant pages of Michelangelo works cost a fortune. At last even this “dead soul” found it utilization in my home. I bet, in somebody else’s eyes with an artistic nature, my action would be reckoned as a crime.

Svetik, my mobile number is 0738714560; I am staying for 3 weeks! See you.

1 comment: