A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

September 3, 2010

Scandinavian beauty


Sweden met me with a stillness and cold Scandinavian beauty. I took a train from Denmark to Sweden and after 20 minutes I was already on Swedish soil. Everything felt different, distant and at the same time so well know. I was looking in the train window at piercing cold water and saw just water, water and water. I thought that it was so remarkable that I lived close by the sea in Sweden and now in Florida too; and yet I haven’t harbored any special feelings or excitement about it. I prefer the forest, a big, old, and dark forest with the greenwood. I love to ramble endlessly through the giant and ancient woodland. I desire to experience the power of every tree, I imagine the stories about it and I am always wondering what it has seen through the all its years of life.

I tied to analyze that strange feeling that saturated my soul every time I crosses Swedish border. I think now I know. It must be what a feeling of stability and certainty. It is like you come back to Sweden after 10 years of being abroad and everything will be the same, nothing will change. It brings you a special feeling of having a second chance in your life. Life stays still here, nothing is happing, everything is fogged in a cold stillness of tranquility.

1 comment: