A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

December 19, 2010

What it is become of me?

I have to tell you about today’s conversation with my colleagues which gave me a second thought. We were chatting about different sizes and how common the fact that many women choose pants one size smaller than they ought to, which is obviously not so appreciated by eyes of fashion. In a second, the conversation changed direction with the ridicules and remarks that there is one woman left who is still buying pants three sizes bigger. “This was interesting,” I thought, slowly realizing that it was addressed to me.

Nevertheless, the girls went on and ended up with the recommendation of size 2 to me. “This is extraordinary underestimation,” I thought, but I didn’t utter a word in order to avoid all ridicules.
However, I did my lesson and tried two pants in Petite size 2 and 4. Now I can conclude that Petite 2 is too small and size 4 fitted me Ok. I checked the pant which I had on me, it was size 8.
What can I say?! So, partly the girls were right, I do have too big clothes on me, but “just” two sizes bigger. Embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment