A cosmopolitan's short narratives.

“Welcome to the kingdom of my imagination. Welcome to the world of the unpredictable reality. I live in Florida (sometimes in Sweden). My country of birth doesn’t exist anymore (SSSR). I am writing in English and Russian about my day-to-day life and the experience of living in different countries, observation of people’s life, traveling and fashion. Welcome,” jelena717@gmail.com.

December 10, 2011

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Yesterday, after work I went to the amazing concert of “Trans-Siberian Orchestra” in Miami. I knew that the group was very popular and I had big expectations. But I have to say that the show, the music and performance exceeded my expectations. It was breathtaking.

Although the event took place in a big “AmericanAirlines” arena, which is not so good facility for music show, everything was super first class. All tickets were sold out.

I was most surprised after I had read biography of the group that the music was the multi-dimensional art form of the rock opera. I do not like rock, but I like opera. The whole idea behind the style was a creation of a progressive rock band that would push the boundaries further than any group before, and the result was phenomenal.

The show took two and half hour and the group even stayed 20 minutes after the show signing autograph for their fans. Very nice approach.


The boomer was the driving home. I took for me 50 minutes just to leave the parking lot and plus one hour back to Fort Lauderdale. Miami is notorious for its awful traffic condition, reckless driving and constant traffic jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment